Sports Injury Recovery | Chiropractor in Plymouth, MN
Suffering from a sports injury is more dangerous than people think. Sports injuries can lead to severe damage, increase the chances of reinjury, and permanently affect someone's physical health. Getting care from a chiropractor as soon as possible is vital if you've suffered an athletic injury. At Precision Chiropractic and Wellness, our Plymouth, MN, chiropractor can help you get started on the road to recovery. Below is everything you need to know about our sports injury treatment program.
What Are Common Sports Injuries?
Athletic injuries can be divided into two groups, acute and chronic. Acute injuries typically occur during sport-related activities, such as a fall or impact with another person or object. Chronic injuries result from repetitive motion due to the overuse of particular body parts. Common sports injuries include:
- Sprains and Strains - A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament, while a strain is a stretched or torn muscle.
- Tears - A tear usually occurs in the tendons of muscles and can be caused by acute trauma or chronic overuse.
- Fractures - These are broken bones and can result from excessive force on one area.
Many patients think "walking it off" is the best course of action with a sports injury, but that's not true. If you don't give your body time to heal and resolve your injury, you could end up with a reinjury, which is why it's essential to get professional help.
How Can Our Chiropractor Help?
Our sports injury treatment program at Precision Chiropractic and Wellness is tailored to meet your individual needs. Our chiropractor in Plymouth, MN, takes a holistic approach that looks at the whole body instead of just treating one part. We start by assessing your condition and developing a customized plan. Then, we get a more detailed look at the injury and address the root cause using X-rays. Finally, we use a combination of chiropractic adjustments, manual therapy, massage therapy, corrective exercises, and lifestyle recommendations to help you heal properly.
- Manual Adjustments - These adjustments reduce pain and inflammation, improve mobility, restore balance and alignment, and more.
- Massage Therapy - This therapy relieves muscle tension, improves circulation, reduces stress, and promotes relaxation.
- Corrective Exercises - These are movements designed to strengthen muscles surrounding the affected area and rehabilitate the injured body.
- Lifestyle Recommendations - We take a holistic approach to healing and provide lifestyle recommendations to help you recover quicker and reduce the chances of re-injury.
Schedule Your Sports Injury Recovery Today
If you've suffered a sports injury, contact Precision Chiropractic and Wellness today! Our chiropractor in Plymouth, MN, can develop a customized treatment plan to help you recover quickly and safely. Contact us today at (763) 475-8281 to schedule your appointment!